Saturday

Coutts Artist in Residence






Eeeeek I can finally spill the beans on the top secret and mind boggling exciting new project... I'm the Artist in Residence for Coutts Bank documenting their incredible roof top garden - the Skyline Garden.

The roof terrace over Coutts headquarters at 440 Strand comprises more than 400 metres of garden with 15,000 fruit, vegetable, herb and flowering plants and lots of happy bees and butterflies, and every crop is used in some form in the Coutts dining rooms year-round. Head chef Peter gave me a wonderful tour earlier this week tearing off leaves and flowers for me to eat, and sharing his passion for the garden. I love the juxtaposition of the plants agains the dramatic London skyline, and the secret nature of the garden, invisible from street level.

I will documenting the plants from this inspiring space in the Garden Court. Then from the 14th-25th May I will be live painting in their ground floor windows - working on four GIANT canvases, bringing the magic of the roof garden down to street level.

It is a COMPLETE dream project and I'm so excited to share it with you x

No comments: