Thursday

PJ Paint Club

Cor it's nippy isn't it!

I have seven layers on, a pint sized mug of tea and a hot water bottle but brrrrrrr.

OK, this week the focus has been on creating the final artwork for the map I'm creating for a new (swanky) London hotel. SO lovely to draw and draw for hours, millions of teeny details and billions of windows. I've finished the drawing now so the next step is colouring it in (shout out to all the eejits who suggested I'd never make a living from colouring in - he he.)

Wed/ Thurs I was in London meetings, zipping all over the shop in the blizzard. I arrived to each meeting with snowy eyebrows, ludicrous hat hair and in the final meeting opened up my portfolio to reveal a section of ginger biscuit that must have fallen in whilst I was on the tube. I am deeply professional.

OK, enough showing off about my incredible presentation skills. This week I wanted to talk to you about my PJ Paint Club as I'd love you to get involved. It's a simple concept born from my distain for Sundays. All the other days are frankly magnificent, but Sundays suck. I was whinging about this to my brilliant friend Jane who suggested I should find a way to make Sundays the VERY BEST day of the week. So here we are. Sundays are now the very best day of the week because I have invented the Sunday PJ and Painting Club.

The PJ Paint Club is open to everyone, everywhere and it's very simple to get involved. Each Sunday, keep your PJ's on, do some painting and share what you're up to on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #PJpaintclub

I like knowing that I have time carved out each week for personal painting, no clients, no deadlines, no brief. A chance to try things, take risks, learn, make some bad paintings (through the risky/ learning process) and hopefully make some bloody marvellous paintings too!

If you can spare 20 mins for a scribbly sketch, a 2 hr stretch, or all day long I would LOVE to see you there. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and share what you're up to using the hashtag #PJpaintclub

See you on Sunday x




No comments: